Saturday, October 8, 2011

Social Media Coordinator

Hi and welcome to the new PAWI Blog!  My name is Kate Long and I've recently joined the PAWI core team as the Social Media coordinator.  Originally from Saint Louis, my husband and I arrived in Istanbul in April 2009. I've been employed at the American Consulate as the Community Liaison Officer for the past 18 months. Tasked with helping new families adjust to life overseas, I always encourage the women to join PAWI. It has been such an important and impactful resource for me since arriving in Istanbul!

A blogger for just over four years, I think blogs play an important role in modern communication. Our PAWI members have consistently been a great tool of knowledge sharing and collaboration.  I hope this blog will continue to capitalize on that and provide another channel to promote PAWI.

This blog will be a work in progress, especially over the next few weeks, as I play catch up with a couple of recap posts.  There are sure to be many new features added, so check back often. And, please feel free to post comments. As always, PAWI looks forward to hearing your feedback!

6 comments:

  1. Nice to meet you Kate! Thanks so much for doing the PAWI blog :) It looks great :)
    Katie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Kate! Happy to see this up and running! Also, happy to provide info about book club and future foodie events. =)

    ReplyDelete
  3. @ Katie - Nice to meet you too, and thanks for following!

    @Joy - Please send any and all photos/recaps my way.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for heading up the blog Kate.

    ReplyDelete
  5. My friend mentioned to me your blog, so I thought I’d read it for myself. Very interesting insights, will be back for more!
    Email Extractor Software

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have read a few of the articles on your website now, and I really like your style of blogging. I added it to my favorites blog site list and will be checking back soon. Please check out my site as well and let me know what you think. τουριστική βίζα στην Ινδία

    ReplyDelete